using non-adjacent unallocated space... why so difficult with paragon?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by falseimage, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falseimage

falseimage Registered Member

hello,

as can be seen in the attachment, I simply want to add the unallocated (green) space to drive Z. I purchased paragon partition manager 11 and expected it to take care of this. As far as I can see, this is not possible the easy way (or am I mistaken?). Not only am I unable to tell paragon to do the operations required (at least not in a user-friendly one step-operation) - it also seems that the 100MB System Reserved partition (win7 boot manager) has a context menu that differs from that of the other partions, for whatever reason.
    I bought paragon because I knew it was able to take care of correct ssd alignment. but now it seems like I am stuck with a situation that paragon cannot manage? I'm a bit disappointed... or am I mistaken? And if not, are there user-friendly partition managers out there that are able to do this in a at least somewhat convenient way (and with correct alignment etc)?
    Thanks a lot for feedback.

PS. and please don't say: why don't you just use some space from c: :) there are reasons i don't want to do that, I'll need as much of the space as possible later on.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Doing what you want is not a simple operation, although is should be possible to do it with several consecutive move/resize operations. You should backup the whole disk before attempting this.

I don´t know what you mean by

"it also seems that the 100MB System Reserved partition (win7 boot manager) has a context menu that differs from that of the other partions, for whatever reason",

but this partition is indeed "special". It is used to boot Windows, and if it is moved it may not be possible to boot without making some "repairs" to the system.

3. falseimage

falseimage Registered Member

hello,
    I don't know why, but the system reserved partition's context menu, as of today, now suddenly looks like the other partition's menues.(Yesterday, it was shorter and didn't allow move/resize etc)-> So now I can extend it to e.g. 7GB. That way, using lots of operations, I now seem to be able to merge the 7gb into drive Z: I will do a backup image before this operation, of course. I still must say, if Paragon where a bit more convenient, I would not have to tell it every step manually!!

If anyone cautions agains making SysReserved 7GB temporarily / moving it, please tell. But as I said, I'll be doing a backup before.

thanks

ps. i have read about pple who have resized the system reserved partition without problems, so I suppose it will work...

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

It is safe to resize the partition moving its right end (I have done it), but I think boot problems may arise it the partition is resized moving its starting point or left end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.