Using NOD with encrypted datastreams

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Wardy, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wardy

Wardy Registered Member

Hi,

I've been a lurker on this forum since I switched to NOD32 9 months or so ago and have learnt a lot in the period since.

However I have a question that I don't think has been covered........

How does NOD interact with software that encrypts your datastream over the web, for example I have recently moved to somewhere that isn't served by broadband so I'm using the communities radio/wifi solution and have been using Steganos Internet Anonym VPN on a trial to encrypt all of my data traffic as the network is totally open.

I assume that NOD would be unable to detect anything via Imon at all and would only be able to react via Amon once the incoming data had been un-encrypted on my machine. Is this correct? and if so have I slightly weakened my vrius protection as a trade against my privacy?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Paul

2. ms64o

ms64o Registered Member

Hi Paul,
    Steganos Internet Anonym VPN implements a Virtual Network Interface which is interagted in the system like any other Network Interface. The TCP traffic is tunneled by encrypted UDP-Packets. For NOD it is a usual TCP data stream which should be handled as any other TCP traffic.
    ms64o

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it is

I don't think so .

You are welcome! :thumb:

4. Wardy

Wardy Registered Member

Thanks for the replies Gents, it's very much appreciated.

Regards

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.