Using Acronis TI9 Boot CD to Backup via LAN

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by beyeriii, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beyeriii

beyeriii Registered Member

Hello Acronis,

I recently upgraded to TI9 and have encountered several problems with the Acronis TI9 Boot CD.

Overview:
    I am using TI9 Boot Disk to back up two different machines over the network. One computer is a brand new, out of the box, uninstalled, preconfigured Dell PowerEdge SC430 Server. The other computer is an Dell Optiplex Workstation (~500Mhz w/ IDE).

Problems:
    1. Acronis TI9 stops progress completely when backing up the PowerEdge. TI9 does backup the Optiplex, but it has intermittent time outs that coincide with collision(s) on the hub.
    1.a. Using Acronis TI8 on the PowerEdge doesn't work because TI8 doesn't recognize the SATA drives. Using TI8 on the Optiplex DOES work without trouble.

2. Acronis TI9 is unable to boot the PowerEdge when a USB drive is attached. I believe this is because the PowerEdge only has USB keyboard and mouse (no PS/2 mouse or keyboard).

Notes:
    I have tried booting using F11 | "quiet acpi=off noapic", but this doesn't help.

I might try creating a BartPE CD, but I am trying to avoid having to find the SATA drivers for the PowerEdge.

If I have the time, I will run SysInfo and save the PowerEdge info to a floppy to email to Acronis Tech Support.

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Keller Beyer

2. beyeriii

beyeriii Registered Member

Additional Info:
    I ran a crossover cable from the PowerEdge to the FileServer (backup storage server) to bypass as much LAN hardware as possible. Acronis TI9 progressed further, but now displays a message saying "Backup archive creation has been completed with errors". Aside, I also noticed this same error when using TI9 to backup a workstation (noname clone running Win9:cool: on a totally different LAN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.