using a differant browser with AOL...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WhiteWhaleHoly..., Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi there,

I really wanna use firefox instead of the crappy resource sucking AOL browser. I know I can connect using AOL, minimise it and then lauch firefox but this is annoying. Is there any way I can connect with firefox, somehow dialling into AOL?

please help!

WWHG.

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hello and welcome to Wilders!

Without a third-party app to do this for you, you are not able to.

AOL's broswer and dial-up tool are all part of the same program. You have to use the AOL dial-up tool to be able to access your account so using a secondary dial-up tool would not authenticate properly.

I used AOL for quite awhile and never could find a way to get that to work either. I just stuck a short cut in my quick-launch and fired it up that way.

Hope this helps :)

3. nodice

nodice Guest

Sadly, as Capp stated, I don't think you can use the Windows DUN to connect to aohell. You have to open and use their foolish resource wasting software. I guess what your doing by minimizing it, after you open it, is about the only way short of switching your ISP to a better one.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Depends on where you are and what version. In the US and AOL 9.0 SE it had a dialer, which just simply connected you to the internet. Then you could use whatever browser you wanted.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.