Username/Password wont accept

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by slipperz, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipperz

slipperz Registered Member

Hi All,

I know this has probably been asked thousands of time before and I have read the thread on inputting your username/password correctly and it will still not accept the combination whether it's on a new download from ESET official site or after I downloaded the 30 day trial and tried to purchase the full program.

This happened to me last year as well. I uninstalled NOD32 after the license expired and tried something new and did not like it (bitdefender) so I just purchased a 2 year license and no joy!!

I have sent a e-mail to EST but nothing back as of yet.

Any help is welcome

Thanks

Slipperz

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please PM me your username so that I can check the status of your license.

3. slipperz

slipperz Registered Member

PM Sent

Thanks

Slipperz

4. Compatibility

Compatibility Registered Member

I am also having same problem. I have tried to download home user AV but get the following message

"The server download.eset.com at ESET NOD32 Antivirus requires a username and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection)."

What does this mean? I am a computer novice.

I have looked at FAQ and followed steps for inputting username/password, but makes no difference. I switched off firewall, but does not help either. I have contacted support but not had a reply.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.