User with problems regkeys/infections back after reboot

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Jooske, Aug 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

At DSLR forum i just discovered this thread, wrestling through it as i see in the first few messages i like to react ... :(
    See you back later if i get through that!

I just would like to tell the user to close his/her system restore and clean and make a new restore point if (s)he uses XP or ME and that TDS is very well capable for the job of cleansing as he/she noticed already.
    No need for many postings, one and a thank you would have been sufficient. :D

Can we agree if anybody ever sees a DCS related subject overthere to alert us here to jump in? Spares the user lots of suffering i hope!
    Thanks a lot!

Added URL tags by special request ;)

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Jooske can you please correct the url tags?
    Dolf

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

It was done the moment i changed it too <Tee-Hee>
    and i was posting my reply over at DSLR too in the meantime.

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

The screenshot he/she/it put up shows a trial version that's in serious need of a DB update.

Since it's an evaluation version, exe protection isn't running.

From the info being provided (or the lack of it - they didn't even mention their OS), it's no wonder there was a problem.

TDS and NAV managed to fix it anyway, so it's a non-issue, I guess.

Pete

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I looked in her/his profile where as first system XP Pro was mentioned, and a second pc without mentioning the OS. So i guess it's on the XP and so i answered.
    But with the infections there were and the reg keys to delete from the other posting, i would recommend a very deep scan and another online scan after that.
    And the further determination i recommended with the autostartviewer - hijackthis - Port Explorer.
    My impression is (with looking at the other postings too) there will be a lot to clean out unfortunately but i do hope most is solved!
    For me the TDS database looked uptodate in the LWMs image? The other i didn't bother to look at for it's size.
    date 8-8-2003, [27244 references - 9116 primaries/7605 traces/10523 variants/other].
    Should have recommended to register TDS for that exec protection, thanks for reminding on that!

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I was referring to the very first post with the attachment by Arianna. Pete

*And, you're quite welcome.

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hmm, I generated the reduced size image just by taking a screen shot of the one in the first post so it should be identical, just smaller. :doubt:

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I finally looked at the original too, went to the bathroom, made some tea, running around a nearby parc and drank the now cooler tea while that long image was loading and i see the same, but i must admit i THOUGHT it sayd 8-5-2003 too or at best 8-6-2003 but the references are of 8-8-2003 so it must be actual.
    Just waiting till there comes a reply on all that work, which should conclude in a brandclean system in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.