User name or password for the remote resource

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by notta, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notta

notta Registered Member

Hi, I'm evaluating Acronis True Image for a project we have coming up here in the near future. I cannot seem to authenticate with the backup server. I know I'm entering my credentials correctly, but I'm receiving a "user name or password for the remote resource bsp://machine.domain.com/\backupserver\BackupServer is incorrect"

The problem only occurs when trying to use the backup to server option. When I use the connect remote computer option I can connect to the machine without issue, but if I select the backup tool and choose the machine in question as the machine to back the image up to I receive the error.

Why can I authenticate with one tool and not the other?

For the sake of being thorough:

Machine 1 - Backup server running TI backup server component(Windows XP)
    logged in with local account, but member of an active directory domain

Machine 2 - Client running TI agent ( Windows NT 4)
    logged in with local account, member of workgroup

Machine 3 - Client running Acronis True Image Console ( Windows XP)
    logged in wiht local account, member of workgroup

When I connect to machine 2 with from the console on machine 3 I can connect without issue. I pick the drive I want to backup on machine 2, choose machine 1 as the backup server, enter my credentials and when it goes to create the image I receive the error. I have tried using local admin account credentials from the backup server as well, but same problem.

Does it have something to do with active directory? If so why can I connect when choosing to connect to new machine? Why does it only fail when using the backup tool?

I tried to be clear as possible, but if you need any more info than let me know.

Thanks.

2. flohh

flohh Registered Member

Hi Notta
    I had a similar problem. Please check if you have mapped the network drive from machine 1 on the 2nd machine. If so disconnect the drive an remap it but with an other user than the user you use in the console on the 3rd machine. I think the acronis schedule agent on machine 2 has a problem when trying to access machine 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.