user name and password

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ed_Spurrell, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed_Spurrell

Ed_Spurrell Registered Member

Hi All,
    This is my second year with NOD32 and have had no problems...works flawless.
    Today the update popped on the screen and asked for my username and password....weird.
    I looked at the username and password that was already there and it was my old expired username and password.
    I copied and pasted my new ones and NOD32 updated with no problem.
    This was not updating since the 24th and I was not aware of it.
    I would not have known if I didn't catch the popup today :)
    Any reason why this would happen?...I have changed nothing since I renewed.

thanks,
    Ed

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello Ed and Welcome to Wilders !

This is happening is because you need to enter your username and password NOT in the pop-up box but in Control Center -> Update -> Setup

I suggest you open Control Center -> Update -> press Setup -> manually delete your current username and password and after that put in the new ones , the ones you receive after you renewed your license

After you have done that , press OK and Hide the Control Center . The update should now work flawlessly . More information how exactly to enter username/password can be found here
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=907626#post907626

If you use NOD32 v 2.5 you can also upgrade to the new improved version 2.7 . All you need to do is to visit ESET's page here , download the version appropriate for your license and operating system and install it over your current one

Enjoy ! :thumb:

3. Ed_Spurrell

thank you for the prompt reply.

I went to the setup and sure enough the old username and password was still there even though I entered the new one in the popup.
    I entered the new ones and closed and reopened and the new ones are still there. Cool!

thanks again,
    Ed

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! ;)

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

the popup will not remember your new username/password - only when you enter them through the control center are they actually "remembered".

The popup allows a visiting tech to install and get your protection "up to date" using their own in-house username and password, and then leave - the new owner of the license can then enter their username/password when it arrives via email. This "feature" has been known to confuse us all in our infancy of using the program! ;)

6. Ed_Spurrell

thank you that is nice to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.