User name and Password Problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by FireDancer, Sep 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

Hello All,

It seems that NOD32v2 for some reason is not accepting my user name and pass for updates. Funny thing is though that it shows updating this morning 9/5/2003 and then from there on out everytime it looked for new updates it was denied. Does anyone know what needs to be done to fix this? I appreciate any help. Below is copy of my current build and the update failure.

Time   Module   Event   User
    9/5/03 23:11:41 PM   Update   Function: DownloadAuthorization, parameters: , return value: 401   
    9/5/03 23:11:41 PM   Update   Update attempt terminated with error (Incorrect username or password.)   
    9/5/03 23:10:12 PM   Update   Function: DownloadAuthorization, parameters: , return value: 401   
    9/5/03 23:10:12 PM   Update   Update attempt terminated with error (Incorrect username or password.)   
    9/5/03 20:14:47 PM   Update   Function: DownloadAuthorization, parameters: , return value: 401   
    9/5/03 20:14:47 PM   Update   Update attempt terminated with error (Incorrect username or password.)   
    9/5/03 16:14:29 PM   Update   Function: DownloadAuthorization, parameters: , return value: 401   
    9/5/03 16:14:29 PM   Update   Update attempt terminated with error (Incorrect username or password.)   
    9/5/03 12:13:31 PM   Update   Function: DownloadAuthorization, parameters: , return value: 401   
    9/5/03 12:13:31 PM   Update   Update attempt terminated with error (Incorrect username or password.)   
    9/5/03 0:05:42 AM   Update   NOD32 Antivirus program components have been successfully updated.   

NOD32 Antivirus System information
    Virus signature database version:   1.501 (20030904)
    Dated:   Thursday, September 04, 2003
    Virus signature database build:   3899

Information on other scanner support parts
    Advanced heuristics module version:   1.003 (20030703)
    Advanced heuristics module build:   1031
    Archive support module version:   1.003 (20030903)
    Archive support module build version:   1056

Information on installed components
    NOD32 For Windows 95/98[me=FireDancer]- Base[/me]
    Version:   2.000.6
    NOD32 for Windows 95/98[me=FireDancer]- Standard component[/me]
    NOD32 For Windows 95/98[me=FireDancer]- Internet support[/me]

Operating system information
    Platform:   Windows 98
    Version:   4.10.2222 A
    Version of common control components:   5.81.4916
    RAM:   496 MB
    Processor:   AMD Athlon(tm) Processor

Regards,
    ~FireDancer~ :)

2. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Did you recently renew your license? I did, and unexpectedly received a new username and password. After a short time with no problems, I began to get the same error messages as you - until I went back to the renewal confirmation email and re-read it (carefully this time :rolleyes: ).

If this describes your situation, you'll have to change the username and password in the NOD configuration.

3. FireDancer

Optigrab,

Thanks for the reply... and to answer your question no I have not, I purchased about 2 weeks ago got the e mail and have not changed anything since. I did have to do a format though with my puter to add new HDD. I reinstalled all my software and added passwords where needed.

Wonder If I need to re download NOD32v2 and start over.
    I would think I wouldnt have to though. :)

~FireDancer~ o_O

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

FireDancer,

Just to be on the sure side: make sure you have copied and pasted the provided user name etc exactly as in the email from Eset.

Have a look at the relevant issues in the FAQ. In case all this doesn't provide a solution, please drop support@nod32.com an email.

Keep us posted!

regards.

paul

5. FireDancer

Hello Paul,

I have written to NOD and am waiting for a responce I will post back with the outcome :)

Regards,
    ~FireDancer~ ;)

6. FireDancer

Hi All!,,

I got a responce form NOD support ad thought I would let you know all is well once again :). They tested my key codes in thier system and they worked fine, they also suggested that I try to re install NOD and see if that helped. I uninstalled NOD..cleaned out registry, reinstalled
    and put in user codes all is working well. All I can think might of happened is that I might of deleted something in registry on last cleaning by accident :(. Just my opinion though. Thanks for the support Paul and all at Wilders,

Regards,
    ~FireDancer~ ;)

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

FireDancer,

Glad to know all worked out in the end! :cool:

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.