User Accounts & Malware

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Rico, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Say XP with two user accounts, does a FULL scan (mbam, sas, or AV) clean both accounts? Or is it necessary to scan both?

Rico

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I got two accounts as well, one Admin and a LUA.
    And when I scan from either the admin or LUA account the scan seems to go through both of them.
    Though it might depend on if you are doing a Full-scan or a Quick-scan. Since a Full-scan is supposed to scan the whole HD.

I have never asked this question to myself so I am not 100% sure but I think BOTH is the answer;)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Both I believe. Mostly I'm thinking because of the registry settings that are not common between the two...

4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

It seems like 'Full Scan' of C:\, is not quite true, regarding two accounts. Recently I scanned a friends machine (two admin accounts) with SAS one account clean, then reboot to the other account SAS finds items. So I guess when cleaning a machine with two accounts, run the gauntlet of scanners on one account, reboot & do it again.

I don't understand why 'Full Scan' can leave another account still infected on the same drive?

Rico

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.