Usenet Provider and Access

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SirRollsAlot, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirRollsAlot

SirRollsAlot Registered Member

Can anyone recommend a Usenet provider (e.g. Giganews)? I didn't know if any of them had better track records. SSL access would be a great plus, also. Thanks.

2. SirRollsAlot

SirRollsAlot Registered Member

While I appreciate your feedback, I am somewhat troubled on your referral links to various usenet providers in the links that you posted.
    - Note by LowWaterMark: there was a post made above this one that had a questionable, possibly spammed link in it. That post and replies about it have been removed from this thread. SirRollsAlot's questions remain...

Does anyone else have any feedback on usenet? I am mostly looking for newsgroups that are not censored (hopefully), and I will primarily be reading/researching for a while. Of particular interest are groups pertaining to encryption, privacy, and anonymity, and any technologies/software that can complement those subjects.

I haven't determined if the manner in which I access those groups needs to go beyond using TOR and a web-based group listing (i.e. using a vpn, or at least ssl). I guess speed will be required as I will be doing a lot of searching. Feedback/guidance is welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.