use of disc in 2 home computers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Vince Lambert, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vince Lambert

Vince Lambert Registered Member

Can I buy one acronis disc and use the program in 2 computers or do I have to buy a seperate program for each computer?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The license for Acronis TrueImage Home is for one computer. To comply, you would have to buy two copies rather than installing the same program on both of your computers.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You need to buy a license for each computer.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Perhaps that's why Vince asked the same question twice on the forum. :)

Just to quibble, I'd say "should" rather than "need to" in your response, but that's just a matter of symantics.

5. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Just for fun I thought I'd join in. I would have thought "obliged" ("To constrain by physical, legal, social, or moral means") would be better than "should" - but hey life's too short :D

F.

6. foghorne

Note that this has nothing to do with "installation" on a computer. It is about "use" of the software on a computer. Therefore say you have two computers with no TI software installed on either; in order to to use a Recovery Boot Disk on both, you would need two licenses.

F.

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You can use the Recovery Disk to restore (or place) an image on as many machines as you want -- Acronis expects that one might want to use ATI to move from one machine to another. Acronis has stated this on the forums. But to have the ATI program installed on a machine, that requires a license for each machine.

good luck,
    sh

8. foghorne

I think you are mistaken. Acronis clearly place the emphasis on "use" not "installation" this is what the license says

You can use the software on a single computer. You cannot use the software on more than a single machine, even if you own or lease all of them, without the written consent of Acronis.,

and they have stated this on numerous occaisions on this forum, e.g:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=505095&postcount=3
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=138177

I accept that it would be reasonable to only need one license when moving a system between two machines, but this is something entirely different to what the original poster was asking. He clearly wants to run two machines at the same time and be able to use a single license to manage backup/restore on both.

good luck,
    F.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Vince Lambert,

I have merged the replies contained in your other thread into this one and removed your duplicate post.

Please try not to start duplicate threads as this only leads to confusion. Thanks.

Menorcaman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.