USD15.00 discount on BOClean until 25 Aug 2006

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Chubb, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Attached Files:

2. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Is it for 1 year?

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

No, for current version, which is at 4.X.

http://www.nsclean.com/boeula.html

BOCLEAN UPGRADE/MAINTENANCE CONTRACT AND "BUG" POLICY:

That means, 5.X will probably require an upgrade fee at half the current full price.

4. TNT

TNT Registered Member

That's a very good deal. All the doubts I had about BOClean's efficiency were gone when I tried it. No signature or heuristics based anti-malware application is perfect, but you just can't get a better real-time anti-trojan application than BOClean in my opinion.

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Wow!
    That is a good deal!

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

BOClean's ordering stuff is unclear to me. I clicked on their $15 discount offer & got taken to an order page that is priced in EuroDollars. No matter where I clicked it went to the Eurodollar page.

Their website is ambiguous as to how to contact their webmaster to get this matter clarified.

If I can purchase using US dollars, I'll consider it -- otherwise, no thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

If you look a little harder you will notice the "Change currency" option.

Btw, There is no such thing as a Eurodollar, it's simply Euro.:)

8. bellgamin

Duhhh... I didn't notice the *change currency* thingee. I suppose I got confused when I clicked on an offer expressed in English & got taken to an order page expressed in Euro whatevers.

By the way -- I have several thousand Eurodollars stashed away in a Swish bank. Are you saying that they are worthless?:eek: {Only keeding señor. Thanks for the help}

9. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fellow Creatures,
    Those who have not ever purchased BoClean due to the price. Here is your chance. What a bargin. Take it before it expires.

Hope those of us who are loyal users will have opportunity like this when the Major revision comes out. I guess that would be Ver. 5 :thumb: :thumb:

Edit: This is also my understanding too, so I guess I have no worrys. "That means, 5.X will probably require an upgrade fee at half the current full price." :D

10. LokiLoki

LokiLoki Guest

That's what I did. Got mine yesterday. :)
    Hope version 5 is not too soon. :p

11. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I bought it at the old price 3 days ago!!!
    :'(
    :cautious:
    Still, it's great value even at that.
    :-*
    :D

12. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Maybe someone knows more and can correct me if I am wrong, but I think recent purchasers of current version will be able to migrate for free. :doubt:

13. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Is just me being blind but I cant find any link to any download link? Or is it that they dont offer "try before you buy"?

14. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Yes, they DO NOT offer a "try before you buy" option, but they offer a 30 day money-back guarantee

Last paragraph on http://www.nsclean.com/boclean.html

15. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Ah..ok..thanks for the info.

16. LokiLoki

LokiLoki Guest

The upgrade cost is sorta like SSM. 4.xx all free upgrades and Version 5 will be half priced.
    Saw it under the EULA.

But of course I hope it's free. :p

Edit: Ah Chubb has mentioned it on post 3. Sorry for repeating.

17. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

With such a piece of software, everybody would be confident enough to go this way! it is worth every penny money can buy!!

one of the best memory scanners on the market, no footprint (7mb - 40mb VM=not much at all) and instant detection ... and removal offcourse :)

18. bellgamin

I am sorely tempted to buy BOClean, & only have a few more days to decide. My quandry...

*I have the paid version of A-squared, which has a real-time monitor (RTM).

*I wouldn't want to run 2 antitrojan RTMs, so I would (a) run BOClean, and (b)shut down the RTM for A-squared, & use it on-demand only. Seems a waste.

*A-squared uses MUCH memory (see below) but is VERY low user of CPU. (See screenshot below)

*From Infinity's post (quoted above) I see lower memory usage for BOclean, in comparison with A-squared. BUT I have 1gig of Ram so perhaps the more significant issue is: How much CPU does BOClean generally use?

I seek comments by any & all concerning what you would do in my position?

Attached Files:

19. TNT

TNT Registered Member

20. bellgamin

Thanks TNT -- but I don't see any CPU or VM info in that screenshot.

21. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

TNT's experience is like my own, around 10mb memory and the CPU usage (the spikes every 10 sec) would go up/down from 1.56% to 5-8% if memory serves me correctly, but you don't notice it in daily use, i have both Ewido & BOClean and Ewido has much more of an impact, even if i can't call it heavy.

22. TNT

TNT Registered Member

Well, Ewido is pretty heavy. :p Still good, though.

bellgamin, I didn't post the screenshots with Task Manager 'cause the columns headings are in Italian. CPU says "00" and goes around 11 occasionally (when it does some "continous" checks) and VM 9144 KB.

23. bellgamin

Based upon Don P's post, & yours, it sounds like BOClean is polling. Is it?

24. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi Belgamin, at the moment I am using in realtime (and it does interact perfectly with other realtime AT/AS/AV/FW/..) Boclean for it's low resource, perfect memoryscanner, good support (and now nice fee - I wouldn't know any reason why not to drop into this .. it has been Boclean for numerous of times to kill trojans from whatever sites .. :cautious: ) ..
    I am using besides Boclean .. A2 for it's IDS which can detect on some nice idea the outbreak of trojans/spyware if Boclean wasn't able to catch it ... this hasn't happend before .. with A2 solely on my system, it has catched things (spyware and cookies :D ) from warez sources ...
    Then I have Ewido Plus ... for on demand .. it is too heavy for everyday use with all the HIPS I'm running, another kernel program wouldn't just fit in.

running A2 and Boclean, In my case, the way I see it, they just complement .. they do not interphere!

it is a perfect combo imho because of the 'pitbull' activity of the IDS (which is not a memory scanner!!!) and to be honest = Boclean has a better memory scannner then A2 .. so they do complement ..

Best wishes,

Inf

25. muf

muf Registered Member

If i remember correctly, it scans the critical system files every 10 secs but is scanning the memory continuously. I'm sure someone will confirm/amend accordingly.

muf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.