USB2 Performance on TI v9.0 (build 2337)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tomhass, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomhass

tomhass Registered Member

Hi

I tried 2 backups from Acronis Boot CD:-

1. SATA2 system to USB2 drive

Result: Very fast - excellent.

2. SCSI2 system to USB2 drive

Result: Slow as hell :-(

Anyone know what I was doing wrong on SCSI system or do I need to consider BARTPE for that (are BARTPE usb2 drivers faster ?)

Thanks

Tom

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tom,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that your Bootable Rescue CD was created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please also check whether your external hard drive is connected to the PC through a hub. If yes, then please connect it directly.

If the problem still persists then please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;

- Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- What is the exact size of the data you are imaging?

- What is the exact size of the resulting image archive?

- How much time does it take exactly to create this image?

- What are the exact vendor and model of your external USB hard drive?

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. tomhass

tomhass Registered Member

Hi Alexey

Thanks - much appreciated....I will give it a try and if not I will post the further info.

(Great product by the way...think I just have 'teething' problems!)

Thanks

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.