USB Port Broken...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by btman, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btman

btman Registered Member

Well a device I had plugged into my USB port or drive or w.e.. Got stuck and when I pulled it out... It wasn't seen as connected and such. I found a little black thing that had came out... Has 4 lines... Is just a rectangle... Under the device manager I have a SiS 7100 "Enhanced" so 2.0 PCI to USB host controller. I can't seem to find a place to purchase another one... Anyone know what I can do...

In my first USB port... Whatever I plug in doesn't go all the way in.. And in the other one... It goes it but isn't recognized...

2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Buy a pci controller with 4 usb. There are plenty companies that produce them(Trust for example). If it is difficult to find it, where you live, search for an online store, or Ebay.

3. btman

btman Registered Member

I'd prefer a cheap alternative, so 2 USB would be fine. Something from like Futureshop.ca... And would I have to bring it somewhere? Or will it be pretty clear how I can get it to work.

4. pandlouk

It is quite easy to install it. You will have to open the tower, extract the damaged and install the new one. But pay attention to have the power supply of the tower unplugged!

5. btman

btman Registered Member

Any comment on price?

6. pandlouk

7. btman

btman Registered Member

I'd like one right away though ><. I'm having trouble finding one off of Futureshop.ca

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

9. btman

btman Registered Member

Canadian hence .ca :D. Thanks I'll check those out next time I go to Futureshop :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.