usb mouse doesn't work when using startup recovery manager

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bigliam1970, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigliam1970

bigliam1970 Registered Member

As the title of this post suggests, I am having problems with the GUI in statup manager. My usb wireless mouse doesn't work on the 'x' axis (as in it will move vertically but not horizontally) within the startup manager.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Big Liam :)

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

This is a known problem with some usb and or wireless stuff when running in the Linux environment from the recovery CD. I have it myself with a Logitech diNovo setup.

There are two and a half answers.

1. Using the Acronis CD after ther first menu (where your mouse will work normally) when the booting Acronis..... message appears press F11 and hopefully you'll get to the command prompt with a pop up box with the word quiet. Type in after this acpi=off noapic usbmouse=off the line of text should look like quiet acpi=off noapic usbmouse=off. Incidentally I only require the usbmouse=off for everything to work.

1(a) Ask Acronis (if you are a registered user) if they can provide you with a specific ISO that you can burn with these parameters already embedded.

Note though until Acronis are able to fix this problem, if there is an upgrade that hasn't had this fix, you'll need to ask for another ISO to bring you up to date. The old one will work - but there is no guarantee that a future build of TI will work properly with the 'wrong' boot CD.

2. Enable the BartPe bit and burn a CD with this - as this uses Windows drivers you shouldn't have a problem.

This problem appears to be due to a 'fix' for other people and the process has broken the usb/wireless for others as earlier builds worked in this respect - the problem started (for me) from build 3633.

On burning a CD, may I suggest that a rewritable one is used - it stops having to have redundant CD's laying about as new builds appear and if you go the BartPE route, then it makes it easier to add the updated Acronis files.

Colin

3. bigliam1970

bigliam1970 Registered Member

Colin, you are a true gentleman. Thankyou for taking the time to reply.

I have tried your suggestions, and having 'quiet usbmouse=off' at the command prompt seems to have done the trick.

Regards,

Big Liam :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bigliam1970,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

To expand bodgy's reply a little, I would also like to mention that besides of Bootable Rescue CD you can also enter "usbmouse=off" parameter when booting into Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. The procedure is the same, i.e. you should press 'F11' key when the selection screen advising you to choose either 'Full' or 'Boot into Windows' option appears and modify the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt in the appropriate way.

Please also note that, as bodgy has already pointed out, you can always submit a request for technical support and request a download link for the ISO image of Bootable Rescue CD having "usbmouse=off" parameter predefined so that you will not need to eneter it manually each time you boot from Bootable Rescue CD. Please provide information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, copy of invoice, scan copy of receipt, your order confirmation letter, etc.) in you request along with the link to this thread.

Please also take a look at this previous thread explaining how to start Acronis Startup Recovery Manager with predefined parameters such as "usbmouse=off", "acpi=off noapic", etc.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

You may also find Acronis True Image 9.0 Home FAQ page helpful.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.