USB Keyboard not recognised in XP Help!!! Solved Kinda....

Discussion in 'hardware' started by bahjan, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bahjan

bahjan Registered Member

Hi,

On an XP desktop, disconnected keyboard from a USB hub and plugged keyboard directly into the tower USB slot - now I get an error message 'Keyboard not recognised' o_O I can't do anything with the machine without a keyboard......using SP3 - but for some reason my system can't find the driver it needs. I need to know which driver I need and how to install it manually - or tell the machine where to look... If I need a new driver - where can I find it?

Thanks for answer Razza - Problem solved - (sort of) put the usb hub back & system workso_O

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  2. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

Re: USB Keyboard not recognised in XP Help!!!

usb keyboards are plug and play, you do not need drivers. right click on "my computer" and select "properties", under "hardware tab" select "device manager". In device manager select "keyboard". If you see any keyboard listed click it and uninstall it. Reboot computer. connect your usb keyboard to the computer when windows reboots. It should automatically get configured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.