USB HELP

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by coling, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coling

coling Registered Member

Hi I need some help please I am running TI 8 Build 937. I can create the image but have problems restoring it. It is painfully slow and after having created a boot cd the full version it wont load.
    However if I create a safe version which does not have the USB support and connect a ps2 mouse the image will restore albeit painfully slow.
    I have a USB mouse connected to a usb port on my keyboard. Can anyone give me advice for my usb settings in the bios which I have checked and seem fine.
    I am running a raid configuration of two Mators 160gb.
    Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
    Would it be worth upgrading to version 9 o_O

2. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

My suggestion (which worked for me) is to create the BartPE CD and boot from that to do all your cloning and restoring images. You should be okay with 937 on your hard drive for creating images and checking/verifying them.

3. coling

coling Registered Member

Thanks for the reply you have totally lost me with BartPE CD ? Could you tell me how I can obtain it and what it does thanks.

4. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

You can log in as a registered user to Acronis support page and read about creating BartPE CD and downloading the Acronis TrueImage Plug-in for the BartPE CD. Acronis provides the links for you when you log in.

In a nutshell, you'll create a CD similar to the Acronis Recovery CD but using the BartPE image with the Acronis plug-in, instead. This CD will be created with drivers for your specific computer rather than as the Acronis Recovery CD is with general (slow) Linux drivers.

5. coling

coling Registered Member

Thank you very much I will give it a go and re post once I have tried it again thank you for your time.

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Stick with version 8 for now.

Where are you creating the image? Secure Zone, USB external drive?
    Does your system have USB 2.0 support. Both the external hard drive and the motherboard or PCI card have to support USB 2.0.
    Try connecting the USB mouse directly to the PC instead of through the hub in the keyboard.
    Is Legacy USB support enabled in BIOS?

7. coling

coling Registered Member

Thanks for the advice I am currently creating a PEbart image to try.
    Basically my configuration is two maxtor 160gb raided in striped.
    I then have two seperate hard drives one of which I use for backup and storing of TI images. I have 6 usb2 ports coming off my motherboard.
    However my mouse comes off a USB keyboard and I have a 4 port powered usb2 hub coming off the back. I am pretty sure the problem lies with the usb2 configuration.
    I will wait and see what happens and post back.
    Thank you all for your suggestions and help. If this works why have Acronis not released it with their build updates ?

8. coling

coling Registered Member

Well the Bartpe image worked in getting it created however it does not see the raid configuration. Back to the drawing board I suppose.

9. beyeriii

beyeriii Registered Member

When BartPE is booting (it is really XP/2003 booting), it allows you to press F6 to load any additional drivers. Press F6 and insert a floppy with your SATA drivers. BTW, I think these drivers must be on a floppy, no way to load them from a CD...
    HTH,
    Keller

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello coling,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe the issue in more words?

As I understand the full version of Acronis True Image 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD just does not boot. Could you please tell me when exactly the boot process stops? Do you see any (error) messages on the screen? What exact messages? Why are you so sure that the USB configuration causes the problem?

Please try to connect your USB devices to the PC directly, without the USB hub and see if the problem still persists. Please also make sure that USB legacy support is disabled in BIOS settings.

If nothing of the above helps then please also try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the problem still persists then please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you will not be able to create a sysinfo.txt file for some reasons then please boot from the Acronis True Image 9.0 rescue disc once more and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears.

After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

11. coling

coling Registered Member

Here is an update as to what I have been doing I have gone back to a complete new install which is a pain.
    This appears to be something to do with the mouse.
    I have gone back to TI8 Build 826 and can create an image from both windows and bootable cd.
    However if I boot from the cd to either create or restore it freezes at the point of doing either process. However if I move the mouse around the process of retore or create works.
    The mouse is USB and into the motherboard which has USB2 ports.
    There was a thread I saw regarding someone else having this problem I will have to try and find it.
    If anyone can help me with this I would be grateful Thanks

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello coling,

First of all, please download the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.0 (2289) and see whether the issue remains. If the issue does remain, please try the workarounds, suggested in our previous post. If the workarounds will not help, please send us a Private Message with your e-mail address and purchase confirmation (e.g. product serial number, order id).

Thank you.
    _ _
    Alexander Fedotov

13. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Check if there are later BIOS or mouse drivers you can download from the manufacturer's website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.