USB Device Connection Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rwinegar, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwinegar

rwinegar Registered Member

I just "upgraded" from version 8 to version 11 of TI. Now everytime I connect an external device I get the same Rundull eror that everyone else is getting with this version. I am running build 8,053. I looked for a more recent build and found that I have the most recent one. TI is positively aware of this situation. Yet it has not issued a new build since 11-7-07 which is almost 8 months ago. I find this kind of service to be unbelievable. Obviously Acronis chooses to continue to sell a defective product even though it knows it doesn't work. Worse yet, it refuses to fix it.

How do I apply for a refund of the money I spent for this so-called upgrade?

2. rwinegar

This is unbelievable. I restored back to TI version 8 and I STILL get the RUNDLL external device disconnection error. How can this be? Version 11 absolutely was the cause of this error. Why does it persist when I revert back to version 8?

Thank God I had a clone of my boot drive created by Casper. I swapped boot drives with the clone now I no longer get the RUNDLL disconnect error.

This whole experience proves there are TWO problems with TI version 11. First it was the cause of the RUNDLL external device disconnect errors. Second when I used version 11 to restore a version 8 image it did not work as the disconnect errors persisted - even after the image was restored.

I am fighting mad and very serious - how do I get a refund on what I paid for this lousy version 11?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  3. rwinegar

Why isn't someone from TI responding? Maybe they all have their heads in the sand.

4. tuttle

tuttle Guest

1. Your first post was only four hours ago. Have you used forums much? You can't expect instant responses.
    2. This is primarily a user discussion forum, not the primary Acronis support method. Acronis responds in many threads here, but not in all. If you want to discuss an issue with Acronis support, then open a support ticket.

5. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

What OS and SP do you have?
    WinXP/SP3?

6. rwinegar

I did send TI tech support an urgent email about 8 hours ago. They didn't take the time to respond. I don't think they will. They know this program is broke. It's been broke since November.

I am running Win XP Home SP3.

7. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

Was it the first email to Acronis about your problem?
    Did you open a problem ticket at Acronis' website?

Are you sure?

Do you have the problem before SP3?
    If not, uninstall SP3 (only for a test) and try again.

8. rwinegar

SP3 has been in since the day of it's release. TI version was installed this morning. You figure it out.

9. shieber

shieber Registered Member

What USB dll problem that everyone else has are you talking about? The only one of those that I know off occurs when one does a restore with ATI11. Did you do a restore with ATI11?

If that's the problem, yes, it's very annoying although easily repaired when it happens. There are lots of bugs in ATI11 that hoepfully will be fixed if an updated build is ever released. If not, and Acronis doesn't present fixes except the next version release, I suspect that Acronis will have lost lots of customers.

10. rwinegar

They lost me and several of my friends.

TI used to be my favorite program. It saved my bacon many times. But I no longer have any faith in Acronis. I reverted to version 8 which causes no USB disconnect errors. I will continue using version 8 forever if possible. I have no plans to spend more money on upgrades that are full of bugs for as long as this. It appears that Acronis has no plans to fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.