Usage percentage 5.x vs. 4.x

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by wolliballa, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolliballa

wolliballa Registered Member

Would anyone within Eset be able to report current usage percentage comparing the various NOD32 AV versions ?
    I would assume, update requests would also contain version installed, so one could get an overview about migration speed.

2. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

The usage varies depending on many factors including different OS's, whether idle or doing a scan etc. Also, we cannot answer this question.

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

I think he's talking about percentages of which product version users are still on, not CPU/resource utilization.

4. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

That's an interesting question, at least to me as well. Do the statistics reported by NOD32 to Eset include the version number of the installed software? I would think they might. From that, you could possibly determine the percentage of the overall user community of Eset that is using any particular version number of any particular product. Maybe that can't or won't be shared with the user community? The version I am using with Windows XP Home SP3 is NOD32 v. 4.2.71.2.

5. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

It's a pretty safe assumption that the statistics include version/build numbers as that data would be critical when it comes time to push down a PCU. I'm not sure how useful those numbers would be at this point as a lot of users are being held back by the lack of Business Edition support on v5 instead of compatibility or migration issues.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Information about market share, attachment rates by version and so forth is considered confidential and proprietary information at most companies, so unless an ESET company officer or board member decides to share the information with the public, it probably will not be available.

One thing to keep in mind is that ESET is still supporting Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98 and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition through April, 2012, and support for Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 SP6.0a and newer operating systems is ongoing without any sunset date being announced, so there are lots of old and lots of new versions of ESET's software being used out there.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. wolliballa

wolliballa Registered Member

Typicallly the software vendors are somewhat proud to announce the adoption rates of new sw releases ( browser, OS, Office...). So e.g. for me as a selling partner it would be worth to see selling and consulting opportunities with regard to prospects still on old sw levels..................
    A good reponse would just include e.g.

NOD32 5.0.95 x%, 5.0.94 y% 4.0.71........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.