US wins extradition of college kid from England

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by EncryptedBytes, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

source1 Source2

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Well, what did he expect? Even mentioning the warez is a sin. He should have just kill/rob someone, noone would even notice, but warez, no way he can get away with that.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

How the f*** does the U.S keep pulling this crap off? Really every .com and .net should be dropped in favor of some way off out in the ocean or desert domain as a huge middle finger to them..and I'm one of their damn citizens. Of course the hearing was closed and one sided, that's the way this administration likes to play.

The U.K should have told them to shove it. They're just making laws up as they go along, and telling everyone else "the hell with you". Sadly what was said has become true, you'll get in more trouble streaming the newest episode of Family Guy than you will knocking off your neighbor.

4. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

What amazes me is that people think that garbage is worth watching or listening to in the first place. The so called entertainment industry is the ones we should be telling to "go to hell". Instead of pirating that sewage, it should be boycotted completely.

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

While I do agree that the industry can't even be called a shell of its former self, that doesn't solve the greater issue of what is very nearly becoming a dictatorship here in the States. Yes, that is a harsh statement to make, but think about it, other countries are nearly being bullied into going along with U.S wishes, and the administration is sidestepping Congress, the very people meant to keep power in check.

This goes way beyond a policy on piracy, way, way beyond it. My gut tells me this thread will get locked up, always does when the real issue is discussed. But, I mean, there really is nothing that can be done without a change in attitude of the current administration, or a completely new administration. The industry, and industries in general in the States have too much clout. They are the ones who got this President in office, and this is an election year that all this is happening..do your own math.

6. noone_particular

I hear ya. The only term I don't agree with is dictator, unless it's preceded by the word "puppet". Business and industry are for all purposes making these laws. No matter what candidate or party is elected, the results are exactly the same. All of them get in by telling the people what they want to hear. Once they're in, they do as big money tells them. As for the entertainment (if you can call it that without vomiting) industry, they should be boycotted entirely. As for their precious copyrighted trash, a few hundred tons of their disks should be piled up in the street in front of their headquarters and ignited. This should be done with all the businesses/industries who force such laws thru at the expense of the people. Boycott them and burn their products.

7. shuverisan

shuverisan Registered Member

Good posts, guys.

There's a video documentary on the interwebz called Steal This Film. It lays out the chronology of events leading up to the Pirate Bay's very first raid by Swedish police.

Bascially it says, Hollywood bitched at Washington who bitched to Sweden. Sweden told them to get lost. So then HW flexed its muscles to get Washington to threaten Sweden with trade sanctions if they don't do something about PB. Sweden complied and against their own constitution as it's explained, sent in the Fuzz.

In less than a week, PB was back up and with mirrors but I don't think they guys did any jail time. They certainly weren't extradited, I do remember that much.

I've not cross checked the film for being totally accurate, but is worth watching if even just for the basic gist of it all.

Then there's this, which I've posted before in the ACTA thread.
    -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKsc-

8. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

The other side of this picture is more painful for me.
    Will USA ever agree to send one of his citizens to another country for a trial. Never. they are pulling out and saving their people who are responsible for murder of innocent people.recent examples of Pakistan and Afghanistan. Might is right. Shame on UK not to stand against USA even for its own people.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  10. noone_particular

Sadly, that's very true. When you look at it, that's how big business looks at people. We're here to be exploited and controlled. Since they control the government, it's no surprise that government and their military act the same way. That's the thing that many people in the world don't realize. The citizens of a country get blamed for the actions of a government or a military they don't control. Even this whole piracy issue has double standard written all over it. It's fine for big money, governments, etc to steal, claim, conquer, or take my any means they choose anything they want, but it's not for the average person. This double standard crosses most every boundary, from religion and race to national borders. People need to open their eyes and see who the real enemy is, the filthy rich who are behind much of what is wrong in this world, ranging from war to sickening things like going after a college kid for scratching their 9 or 10 digit bottom lines.

11. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

Blanket generalization serotyping isn’t the way to go either. Are there idiots in government and in business? You bet. Is everyone associated with governmental roles or earning more than the average citizen out to enslave the human race? No. I don’t want this topic to turn into an ideological debate.

12. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

ot posts removed. As the discussion turned political, thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.