I hope someone can help me!!! For the last few days, I've been trying to figure out how to replace what I believe is a corrupt urlmon.dll file. A number of programs (including Windows Explorer, System Restore, Palm Desktop, RegCure, Norton Anti-Virus Scan and others ...) begin to load, but then send me to an error message. (For the most part, Firefox and Thunderbird work fine.) When I go to eventvwr, I find the following message: Windows cannot access the file c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program OLE32 Extensions for Win32 because of this error. I've checked all those: A. the file does exist in Systerm32 B: re: network connection - I can access other computers on the network just fine, and they can access me. C: re: disk filed is stored on: chkdsk finds no errors D: re: disk missing: not an issue. Other things I've tried: 1. Downloaded a replacement urlmon.dll to reinstall it, and I get the same error message when I try to execute it using Windows Explorer. 2. Tried regsvr32 urlmon.dll, which results in a "successful" message, but the same problem exists after rebooting. 3. Resorted to using the cmd prompt to do some looking around, but when I try to do System Restore from the Run window, I get the same error message. 4. I've checked a number of other forums, and most everyone else's problems have to do with Internet Explorer, not other programs, and I've received little or no response from anyone. It seems like I'm in a perpetual loop and don't know how to get out of it. I really hope you can help as I need my office computer back! Thanks.