Urgent!!make partition freezes

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by allj, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allj

allj Registered Member

Hi
    I have a 500gb external hd with ntfs format. I wanted to make 250 of it into a fat32 so I can use it with macbook mac osx. I did a create partition. When it started it said it would take 2 days so I cancelled it but the app stayed open. I decided to go to bed and the next morning it was a third done with 22 hrs left. It still has 22 hrs left 4 hrs later. this is ridiculous. I should have formatted it in mac osc. I don't care if I lose the data on the ntfs since it is a copy and can be recopied. If I force close the application will I be able to use the hd again? Is this the best thing to do? Why so loong... Thanks Alan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello allj,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Director 10 Suite

The problem can have one of the following reasons:
    1. Hardware recognition issue;
    2. USB2.0 interface is not supported by your motherboard or is switched off. USB1.1 is used.

If you abort the operation it won't cause any hardware damage.

To resolve the problem you can try to do the following:
    1. Download and reinstall the Acronis low-level disk drivers SpanAPI.

2. Use an Acronis boot CD with Acronis Disk Director to perform the operation.

3. If none of the above solutions helps you please contact Acronis support and send us the serial number in question and the issue description.

Thank you.
    Daniel Pustovoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.