URGENT HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by lucyt, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucyt

lucyt Registered Member

Hi I did a scan on my computer and the following showed up

Operating memory » dwm.exe(3076) - a variant of Win32/Spy.Zbot.ZR trojan - unable to clean

can you please advise me on how to get rid of it ( for free would be great) and also since it was brought up on the scan does that mean the file has been quarantined ? meaning my computer is safe ?

your immediate reply would be great

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Wait until the next update, then re-scan your system. It is likely that it will include detection for this variant. Another option is to provide Customer care with a SysInspector log for perusal.

3. lucyt

lucyt Registered Member

if i wait for the next update is and will be computer be safe and protected from this trojan or is it unsafe to do anything on the computer that requires passwords etc?

I will post a log shortly for your perusal...thanks so much for the quick reply

4. lucyt

lucyt Registered Member

sorry but can i please have an answer to my above question from a moderator urgently

if i wait for the next update is and will be computer be safe and protected from this trojan or is it unsafe to do anything on the computer that requires passwords etc?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hard to say. Some malware can collect sensitive information and some not. By the way, update 6949 was released about 2 hours ago. Another update with further Zbot detections will be released shortly in the afternoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.