Upgrading NOD32 licence changes username & password

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tomm174, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomm174

tomm174 Registered Member

As a reseller I often get the situation where a new NOD user realises how much better this is than their existing Anti-Virus & wants to licence it for more PC's, or they buy a new PC and want to install NOD on it
    Naturally when this happens I upgrade their licence - which then results in the existing Username/Password being invalidated, and new ones issued - which means that at least one and usually several PCs have to have their licence details changed.
    What's the best way to go about requesting a change to this functionality

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, ESET are aware of what you have suggested, currently they choose the method they are using for licensing.

Cheers :D

3. tomm174

That's a strange reply - are you saying they have considered the pros & cons and consider that it's better for customers adding a new licence to have to change the username/password on every other PC they own.
    You don't suggest any pro's to the current arrangement at all - It's obviously less effort for Eset to leave the status quo, but I'm sure keeping the same username/password on upgrade would be a trivial change.
    I'd like to at least know what the thinking is. This is a regular annoyance for me - and my customers.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  4. tomm174

What I was looking for help on was -
    What's the best way to go about requesting a change to this functionality
    There must be a software change request process - bugzilla or the like, or a way of emailing the developers or something ...

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

We have a thread on changes HERE

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.