Upgrading NOD32 licence changes username & password

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tomm174, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomm174

tomm174 Registered Member

As a reseller I often get the situation where a new NOD user realises how much better this is than their existing Anti-Virus & wants to licence it for more PC's, or they buy a new PC and want to install NOD on it
    Naturally when this happens I upgrade their licence - which then results in the existing Username/Password being invalidated, and new ones issued - which means that at least one and usually several PCs have to have their licence details changed.
    What's the best way to go about requesting a change to this functionality

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, ESET are aware of what you have suggested, currently they choose the method they are using for licensing.

Cheers :D

3. tomm174

That's a strange reply - are you saying they have considered the pros & cons and consider that it's better for customers adding a new licence to have to change the username/password on every other PC they own.
    You don't suggest any pro's to the current arrangement at all - It's obviously less effort for Eset to leave the status quo, but I'm sure keeping the same username/password on upgrade would be a trivial change.
    I'd like to at least know what the thinking is. This is a regular annoyance for me - and my customers.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  4. tomm174

What I was looking for help on was -
    What's the best way to go about requesting a change to this functionality
    There must be a software change request process - bugzilla or the like, or a way of emailing the developers or something ...

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

We have a thread on changes HERE

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.