upgrading nod32 2.5

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by eragon, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eragon

eragon Registered Member

Hi there! I am using nod32 for almost a year and I'm really very satisfied but I have a question to ask: In a while my validation license of nod32 expires so can you tell me step by step what can I do in order to upgrade it for another year? I have visited the site of eset but I didn't quite understood what to do!:oops:

I would like to ask this too: Must I have a credit card or can I pay through a bank?

Thank you in advance!

:)

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

You need to purchase a renewal - either from Eset directly, or from the reseller you purchased from in the first place - once your purchase is made, you will get a new username/password which are good until your new expiration.

These new username/passwords are entered into the control center - double-click the control center - click the update open - it will expand and show another update option - click that, and the right panel will appear, or change to the update options. Click the setup button on the right panel and in the middle of the panel will be username and password fields. Your new username and passwords go here.

Once entered - click the "Ok" button - now click the "Update Now" button just above your setup button -if you don't see any errors, you're good to go.

We send out a personalized link, like the one below - which has these steps and even copy/paste options for our customers:

http://www.nod32usa.com/nod32-support/spell/rUSERNAME:PASSWORD

On the payment options - I know some resellers take checks/cheques etc, but you need to check with your reseller.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

For help with entering your Username and Password the following thread has step by step pictures

Cheers :D

4. eragon

eragon Registered Member

I have one question to ask finally: to receive my username and password I must fill the forms at 'REGISTER AND ACTIVATE' at http://www.eset.com/purchase/register.php in order to receive my new username and new password, isn't that right?

:rolleyes:

5. webyourbusiness

Register and activate is for those that purchase a boxed version - these have a key on the CD box, which is registered in exchange for an update username/password. This is not the same as purchasing a renewal. Thought you said that you'd been running for a year - this means you must have had a full license, as the trial only lasts a month... so if you're full already, you have an AV number (see the place you put the username - if there is an AV number there, you're full).

Once you've got an AV number, you only need to get renewals after that - they're cheaper than full licenses.

regards

Greg

6. eragon

eragon Registered Member

Sorry but I'm confused: I already have a AV number that's true so from where I get those renewals?

I would like to ask this too: if I get a boxed nod32 to upgrade my old I register and then I get my username & password by e-mail, is that true?

7. webyourbusiness

Renewal at Eset's site are here:
    http://www.eset.com/purchase/index.php - in the middle of the page

Or from a reseller:
    http://www.nod32usa.com/renewals - direct link to renewals
    http://www.nod32-av.com/purchase/purchase.htm - again renewals in middle of page

of course, if you're NOT in the USA, you need a distributor or reseller in your own country - I supplied my own and one other reseller for a US/Canadian purchase.

hth

Greg

8. eragon

eragon Registered Member

In case I buy the boxed nod32 from a shop and registering and getting the new password/username from nod32 (upgrading) and removing of course the old username/password I am ok right? I mean there is no difference from buying a renewal.

9. eragon

eragon Registered Member

You also said that if a get a renewal I don't get a username because I have one already. So if I get a renewal I do not receive a username just a password?

10. Blackspear

Hi eragon, welcome to Wilders.

What country do you reside in?

Once the above is answered we will direct you further.

You do NOT require a "boxed version", you only require to renew your license within the 30 day expiry period at either a local Reseller, Distributor or from Eset directly.

Once you have paid for the appropriate license, then you will be emailed a NEW Username and Password.

The NEW Username and Password will then need to be entered into the NOD32 Control Centre> Update> Setup area. This completes the process.

11. eragon

eragon Registered Member

I live in Greece.

So when my boxed version of nod32 expires what do I do? I renew my licence how? I download the free version for 30 days? Before I do that I unistall my expired boxed version? And then I proceed by buing on-line my new one?

Please, be more precise.

What do I do when my boxed version expires? step-by-step

Thank you one more time.

12. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

13. eragon

eragon Registered Member

a. You do not answer this: do I have to unistall my previous (purchased by a shop) nod32 in order to buy a renewal?

b. After I buy a renewall I will automatically get password and username through e-mail or I will get a box?

c. Do renewals exist in shops or through e-mails only?

14. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

a. No

b. yes, through e-mail

c. errrr... e-mail for sure, shop... i don't know o_O

15. eragon

eragon Registered Member

If I'll buy a renewal it will automatically change in 2.7 version? Thank you.

16. Blackspear

If you have NOD32 set up according to THIS THREAD then yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.