upgraded to RC - updates won't download for ESET SS and windows update fails

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by webyourbusiness, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I upgraded over the top of my beta Smart Security to the RC - restarted a few times - then ran windows updates - it was a little problematic. So I took a break - noticed that ESS5-RC was at update 6205 and thought it a little odd... so I cleared the update cache, restarted and wasn't able to get the ESET definition updates to download... hmm...

Restarted, back to windows updates and I had KB2476490 fail 3 times - tried to turn off ESS, no joy.

I just uninstalled ESS5-RC and then windows update installed first time.

2. webyourbusiness

now it is stuck activating...

3. webyourbusiness

so I put a pad ESSH license in - the license is recognized as a paid license, but updates are failing - my ESSH5-RC is now stuck on 6177 update... I will be removing it again in the morning if it hasnt updated.

This is not ready to be called RC by any means imo.

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I have to agree. I had a better experience with the beta than with the RC. Due to yesterdays Windows Updates I am currently running neither. I had trouble getting the RC activated as well and then got the fun "unable to read firewall configuration" error that I had assumed was fixed because I never saw it with the beta but have had it many times with v4 and now the RC. I hope the final is better than this, I was liking the beta.

5. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I uninstalled the Beta as it prevented me from updating my Windows 7 (x64) and I will not be installing this RC as well thanks for the heads up guys.

RC = Release Candidate means it is final 99%, how in the world could ESET overlook something major like this which causes problems for Windows update? heh sticking to the trusty v4

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This issue has nothing to do with beta / RC as such. The fix will be a part of a module that should be made available within next week. As an interim solution, we recommend excluding svchost.exe from content filtering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.