Upgrade - Now demo - Can't uninstall

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by jfath, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfath

jfath Registered Member

Same problem that's been reported by others since at least December.

I purchased v10 and installed over my v9 version. On restart, v10 thinks it's a demo and asks for a password.

I uninstalled my v9 TrueImage, then I followed the instructions for manual uninstall posted 1/20 by Kirill Omelchenko, then even searched for all 'Acronis' and 'Disk Director' in the registry and deleted. Installed the latest 2089 version from the Web updates section. Same exact problem - DD asks for password, OS Selector says cannot find necessary configuration files. Uninstall fails when trying to delete OS Selector with 'cannot find the proper serial number'.

I've wasted hours on this so far. Please give us a *real* fix.

jfath

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jfath,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Please be aware that we are currently trying to find out the common reasons of this issue, so if you send us the following information then you will certainly be a big help to us in resolving this issue.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. jfath

jfath Registered Member

I've submitted the support request along with my system information.

Manually removing Acronis keys from the registry has now put my system in a state where it will not attempt to install Disk Director 10. It gives error #1610 'The configuration data for this product is corrupt'.

For others following this thread, I'll post here as soon as a solution is offered. Until then, my personal advice would be to avoid upgrading DiskDirector from version 9 to version 10 since others have been seeing the same problem for some time and no fix has been issued. YMMV

Jerry

4. jfath

jfath Registered Member

I was able to fix the problem on my system after seeing a suggestion by Kirill Omelchenko to someone with a similar problem. My work-around was slightly different than the suggestion.

1) Un-install Disk Director Suite v10.
    2) Run regedit and look for a HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Acronis
    3) If the key is not there, create it
    4) Set the permissions to full for both SYSTEM and the currect user
    5) Repeat steps 2-4 for HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Acronis (I'm not positive that this step is necessary, but I did it for good measure)
    6) Re-install Disk Director Suite v10

On my system, DDS now runs correctly as a registered version and doesn't ask for the demo password.

If the people in Acronis support can verify this fix, I hope they'll issue an update to the installer soon which will keep other people from wasting time battling the same problem.

Jerry

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jfath,

Thank you for the suggestion. Please be aware that this issue is already known for our Development Team. The fix will be certainly implemented in one of the future updates of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.