Updating Wormguard Block-list or other Anti-worm?

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by richrf, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

I have a registered copy of wormguard that I installed several months ago. If I downloaded the lastest copy from diamondcs.com.au would I get a more recently updated Blocklist? If not, does diamondcs or any of the members of this board maintain a current list? If there is no way to maintain a current list, are there programs that do a better job of tracking worms? Thanks.

Rich

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Richard, There are no updates for WormGuard in the current version but WG4 will have updates. As a licenced WormQard user you will get a free upgrade to WG4 whenit becomes available.

I don't know if anyone keeps a list to share with other users, I'm sure someone will respond the that :)

There are other programs which do a similar job but here is probably not the best place to ask if there is anything better ;)
    Peronally I think WG is the simplest most effective program for this but I am biased.

HTH Pilli

3. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hi richrf,

I posted a similar question 2 weeks ago but no one answered. :'(
    WormGuard Blocklist

I went through all of the wormguard posts and put together a list which seems to be agreed upon by most.

But there are several questionable extensions that I don't know if they would be good to add.

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Thanks Pilli and Devinco,

Pilli, where would be a good place to post a message concerning an alternative to wormguard. I love diamondcs products, but if the list is constantly out of date it seems to be a problem. Has diamondcs given any indication when the next updateable version will be available?

Devinco, thank for your reply. Did you post your list anywhere? It is probably the most up-to-date one.

Thanks for helping me out.

Regards,
    Rich

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

6. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Just follow the link I posted.

7. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Thanks for the list Devinco. I am surprised that no one answered your question. The forum members and diamondcs are usually very helpful on this forum.

Thanks for the re-direction Pilli. I will post.

Regards,
    Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.