Updating TDS3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Vipurr, Feb 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vipurr

Vipurr Guest

I just installed TDS# and it gave me a warning that my Radius TD3 database needed updating. I downloaded it from their URL. My question is, how do I install it?  When I clicked on the TD3 file it brought up the "Open With" box, which one do I choose to open it with? Newbie here.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Vipurr,
    welcome here!
    Just drop the file in the TDS-3 directory in the general part, not in one of the folders, restart TDS-3 and it should show the new quantity of references.
    On the TDS site you can always see the actual amount, so you can check if all went ok.

BTW: i suppose(d) you mean you downloaded the radius3 update from the downloads at the DCS site after installing TDS3.

If you register TDS3 you can update each day the radius3 database via the menu on TDS console | TDS | Update TDS databases now! , which installs it automatically and no need for reload.
    Other way with pressing control+U.

3. Thanks Jooske, I followed your directions, and got the file updated! Kinda of easy once I did it :-* I just downloaded it last night and also registered it last night, but haven't heard from them yet. One other question if I may, how do I make the control console screen smaller? I can't seem to see the entire messages to the right of it screen. I made the pixels to 800x600, but still didn't get all of it. If I make it any smaller, I won't be able to read it. Thanks again

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi Linda,

Sometimes there is a problem with the register.exe program getting the details through to us. We have released a new one that will definitely get the details through as it connects in the same way a web browser accesses the internet. Simply download this file to your TDS folder replacing the old file, and then try again.

http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/register.exe

We generally send licenses out within 24 hours unless it is a weekend (Perth time) in which case they go out first thing Monday morning, Tuesday in the case of public holidays. You will receive your licence shortly if you send the order in the next 4 hours, otherwise tomorrow morning.

5. AKA: Vipurrr

AKA: Vipurrr Guest

It has been now (3) days since I sent in (2) registrations, (1) from the help menu and the other from the one I download per your instructions, and still nothing. You say that they are closed on the weekend, and the weekend is just around the corner.

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi again Linda,

You may have a problem due to a firewall or router blocking this connection. We would recommend you purchase online if you only want a single licence, http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/sales.php3

Or click SAVE in the registration program and it will tell you the file to email us, BUYTDS3.TXT

Apologies for your wait

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.