updating problem

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by jrcotts, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrcotts

jrcotts Registered Member

Hi there,

I am relatively new to this program. I having trouble updating the database

Where exactlly am I suppose to save the file "radius.td3" I know it says the

directory but I can't seem to find the specific folder that I put it in.

Thank you
    jrcotts

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

Just put it in your TDS-3 directory :)

3. jrcotts

where is that? :)

4. jrcotts

o. k. i get it you just put it in the TDS folder right?

thankyou
    jrcott

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

Have you installed TDS-3 ?

I don't know in which folder you have installed it.
    Have you perhaps the TDS-3 icon on your desktop? If so, right-click it, then properties; then you see in which folder you have installed it.

I hope this helps. If not, please ask !

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Yes, that's right !

Cheers, Jan.

7. jrcotts

TDS-3 has its own folder but it never ask me to replace an existing folder

like a directory folder per say. When I first installed TDS-3 I remember updating right away and I put "radius.td3" into an already existing folder.

this time i just put it in the TDS folder and its still in there with the rest of the files. Somethings not right here.

I re-ran TDS-3 which is suppose to update it automatically but I'm sure its not working like it should.

Any advice

Thankyou
    jrcotts

8. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi jrcotts: :)

Directory is just a fancy name for folder. You don't replace an existing FOLDER .... only a file inside the folder [radius.td3]

You put the radius.td3 file straight into the main TDS3 folder [NOT any of the sub folders]. First, identify that you do have a radius.td3 file in the main folder [see pic]

It should ask you to 'overwrite' the file. If it does not ask you, then you are either trying to put it into the wrong folder, or, somehow you've deleted the original.

Also f you wanted, first, you could rename the original one by adding '.bak' to it, making it useless, but it can easily be taken off so you have a backup before putting the new radius.td3 file into the folder, understand?
    You don't have to of course, that's just an option which a full registered version of TDS does anyway when updating, just say yes to overwrite the old one.

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

9. jrcotts

This is where I was getting confused I was wanting to overwrite the FILE inside the TDS-3 folder.

And here I ran into trouble because I could not see the radius.td3 because it was only listing .txt files instead of all files when I was trying to "save as"

After I changed the listing to "all files" it came up and i replaced the old TDS-3 file with the new one.

Thank you for the info on this as well--- just in case right?

you were very helpful and thoughtful as well. as you probably figured out I hav'nt been doing this stuff all that long and i'm still a little green. But after contracting a few virus' and trying to correct all that,as well eventually reformatting altogether, and then tring to make sure I've got all the neat little programs in place to make sure it don't happen to me again....Its coming along ..slowly, he he

jrcott

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2004
  10. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Yep! :)

Glad it's coming along. ;)

Cheers, TAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.