Updating NOD32 from floppy?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pepito, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepito

pepito Registered Member

I have a customer with a laptop which is not connected to a LAN or the internet.

His Norton 2003 AV licence is about to expire and I wanted to move him over to NOD32.

But I need to know if its possible to update NOD32 from a floppy or CD which is the method I use to update his NAV 2003.

I see it's possible to set the update location in NOD32 to a:\nod_upd\

But which file would I need to put in that folder for NOD32 to update from floppy and where can I download this file?

2. pepito

pepito Registered Member

By the deafening silence :) should I assume there's no way of doing this? o_O

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I don't use nod but can't you go to the nod site and download the updates and save them to disc and then copy them to floopy or cd?

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

NOD's not like NAV. You can't go to the NOD32 site and download the latest updates. At least home users can't. I think I recall reading here that the admin version of NOD32 allows for this sort of thing since business users may have boxes that are not connected to the internet but need to be updated. Sorry I can't help further.

5. AgentX

AgentX Registered Member

The only way to update NOD32 manually is by installing the Administrator version and
    then setting up a mirror folder, which will be updated with the latest signature and
    update files when NOD32 installs the updates from the Internet. In any case, you must
    have at least one computer connected to the net with the Admin version of NOD32
    installed. All other offline computers can be updated using this 'mirror' folder created
    on your disk.

HTH,
    AgentX

6. Arin

Arin Registered Member

yes i think i can help you Pepito. please read my new thread "NOD32 update trick"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.