Updating issues?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Tetranitrocubane, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tetranitrocubane

Tetranitrocubane Registered Member

I'm just curious if anyone else is having trouble updating NOD32 this morning. The version I'm running is the latest 2.7, and the signatures are stuck on 3799. If I look in the control pannel for NOD, or open TCPView, I can see that NOD is trying to contact the server for updates, but can't connect for some reason. It's trying over and over to access different uXX.eset.com addresses, but none of them are actually allowing an update download.

I'm concerned that a virus may be blocking signature updates, but I've no way of knowing if it's just high server traffic. Has anyone else had this problem this morning? Thanks.

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

mine wouldn't update untill about half an hour ago that was very slow, tbh im a little more concerned about trojan dropper/sysnv which it still can't even recognise see as a threat and mbam and sas cant remove:( (but can actually find)

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

That link looks somewhat out of date. I'm at 3801.

5. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Tetranitrocubane,

You can uninstall and update to v3.0. If you would rather stay with v2.7, clear your update cache and let us know if it corrects it.

Thank you,
    Richard

6. MrDT

MrDT Registered Member

I have recently re-installed Nod32 on my gf's PC and it would not update (either says that we had latest virus signature version or that it had bad net connection). It was an earlier 3.0 version so I uninstalled it and installed the current one 3.0.684.0 but the database is v3553 and it simply will not update. We've got the license for 2 years (expires 12Jan2011) so I don't quite understand what the issue is. I've tried deleting the cache then restarting the system to update but it makes no difference. Now, the only problem I can think of is that we're on a University campus network. Could this disrupt the update process? And why can't I update this manually? We have a legitimate copy with a valid license after all...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.