Updates

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by _Ralph_, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Ralph_

_Ralph_ Registered Member

Wilders has some of the best applications around but why can't the updates be made so we can download automatically via the Task Scheduler ? Trojan Hunter and E-Trust AV program allow for automatic updates . SpywareBlaster , MRU-Blaster , ADAware and SpyBot are a few which do not or if they do I am not aware of how to do it . It is really a pain to try to keep everything up to date . Ralph

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Ralph,

I take a peek every day at this forum: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?board=26 to see if anything I use has been updated.
    If you´re missing a security program you´re using, make it a habit to check for updates on that one and post them there.
    That way we´ll keep each other up to date. :)

Regards,

Pieter

3. _Ralph_

Thank you Pieter ; my desire is to automatically update the sig files in SpyBot , SpywareBlaster , MRU-Blaster by placing the programs in my task scheduler so that the updates are downloaded without my input . I do think your website is one of the best around but I would prefer to visit to enjoy the posts rather than having to do updates . With Trojan Hunter I can set it and forget it . Updates of sig files are done automatically and the program is always up to date . When new versions are available they are posted everywhere and I can d/l them as I need to . Thanks again , Ralph

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Speaking as the author of SpywareBlaster and MRU-Blaster: An auto-updater of sorts has been requested numerous times. And yes, one is being worked on. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. _Ralph_

Thank you !! Great programs . My contribution is on it's way . Ralph

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.