Updates

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by _Ralph_, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Ralph_

_Ralph_ Registered Member

Wilders has some of the best applications around but why can't the updates be made so we can download automatically via the Task Scheduler ? Trojan Hunter and E-Trust AV program allow for automatic updates . SpywareBlaster , MRU-Blaster , ADAware and SpyBot are a few which do not or if they do I am not aware of how to do it . It is really a pain to try to keep everything up to date . Ralph

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Ralph,

I take a peek every day at this forum: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?board=26 to see if anything I use has been updated.
    If you´re missing a security program you´re using, make it a habit to check for updates on that one and post them there.
    That way we´ll keep each other up to date. :)

Regards,

Pieter

3. _Ralph_

Thank you Pieter ; my desire is to automatically update the sig files in SpyBot , SpywareBlaster , MRU-Blaster by placing the programs in my task scheduler so that the updates are downloaded without my input . I do think your website is one of the best around but I would prefer to visit to enjoy the posts rather than having to do updates . With Trojan Hunter I can set it and forget it . Updates of sig files are done automatically and the program is always up to date . When new versions are available they are posted everywhere and I can d/l them as I need to . Thanks again , Ralph

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Speaking as the author of SpywareBlaster and MRU-Blaster: An auto-updater of sorts has been requested numerous times. And yes, one is being worked on. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. _Ralph_

Thank you !! Great programs . My contribution is on it's way . Ralph

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.