Updater Question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by marcromero, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I tried NOD32 last month and became frustrated trying to figure it out, I have once again downloaded the trial this evening to try once again to make this av work for me, installation went flawlessly, I ran the updater for the initial definitions download, then I checked the event log and noticed several update attempts that failed prior to manually updating. I installed everything default and have not chaged any settings yet, does being on dial up cause these automatic update failures? do I need to tweak the settings or change anything? I am determined to make this work for me, I need some help guys getting this thing dialed in and working. These update errors have me confused at the moment.

Thanks for your help

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's normal to see errors connecting to update servers. Some of them may be temporarily overloaded so NOD32 reports an error connecting to them, but the point is that an update is eventually downloaded from another server.

4. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Thanks for your help guys, after some intense reading of the NOD help files I have come to a fairly good understanding of NOD's setup and operation. Everything is starting to make sense, now to checkout Blackspear's settings for enhanced performance and protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.