Update

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by alphadog, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alphadog

alphadog Registered Member

I finally installed Remote Administration Server to manage about 25 Eset licenses. These licenses have grown over time, and have all been manually installed.

Now, I'd like them all to connect to the RA and would like to know if there is some way to do this updating without having to visit each staion indivudally?

Thanks.

- alphadog

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , it isn't possible . Since they now update from the internet and do not report to anything , you should visit them and set them report to the RAS (and possibly update from the Mirror)

To configure them update from the Mirror , visit the Update setup
    Add a server to look like http://IP:8081
    where IP means the IP of the machine with Mirror

See the screenshot to see where to configure them to report to the RAS

Attached Files:

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It is actually possible, you can either configure these workstations using a config file in the mirror setup, reinstall NOD32 remotely via RA, or contact support[at]eset.com for a special installation package that will merely configure already installed NOD32 to connect to RA server.

4. alphadog

I'm still converting over from individual installs to a better-managed environment, so I don't have a local mirror just yet but will very soon. Are you saying that if I setup a local update mirror and put in a config file, existing installations will pick up the new config?

- alphadog

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You will need to configure it in the mirror setup, adding an xml file manually will not suffice.

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Create a remote install package..and shove it down the throats of the workstations. It will simply install on top of the old install..however with the new settings.

7. alphadog

Just the imagery alone makes me want to do it that way. :D

- alphadog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.