Update to thread about Malware Threat Center Testing

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by tsherr, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsherr

tsherr Registered Member

Back on the tenth, in this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1521451 there was some discussion that NOD32 was always last in their testing. Well, it's actually more interesting than that. I monitored it over a couple of days, and not only is NOD32 always last, NOD32 always catches 9% of the samples. Yes, the date changes, and there is some extremely minor variances in some of the other AVs, but NOD32 is always 9%. So I'd be very leery of using this site's results when choosing an AV.

T

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

So if ESET detects just 9% of all threats how on earth can rank in tests performed by prestigious testers among the best AVs :eek: Even if you look at this statistical test based on VirusTotal submissions that contain tons of corrupt or otherwise non-functional files, where are those 9% for ESET? Or the recent tests performed by Andreas Clementi where ESET detected more than 97% of tested samples or ranked 3rd in proactive protection tests...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  3. tsherr

tsherr Registered Member

Precisely. I think this page is either biased, horribly wrong, or just posting BS. I'd ignore it. My personal experience disproves most of their ratings - and since I work on 5-8 computers per day that are infected, I see a lot of AVs in action.

T

4. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.