Update to latest build issue

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RWG, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWG

RWG Registered Member

Hi all this is my issue,
    I can run acronis from the CD installed version fine, AC-9 support forms say to make sure you update to the latest build to address CD burning ect.. issues, but once I do and I try to create an image it restarts to create the image and goes to the job completed screen without ever doing the backup.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times to no avail. If I go back to the CD load all is well. I know the solution seems obvious but then I lack CD support.

Any insight to any of the above will be greatly appreciated o_O

2. RWG

RWG Registered Member

My box set build is 2323 the current update the fails to backup is 3677

Any advise is appreciated o_O

3. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

The only suggestion I have is to try downloading and installing the latest Acronis Drivers, which control disk access in TI while running in Windows. These drivers get updated between builds. On some systems, if you are having problems with with the latest build, which is 9.3677, installing these drivers may help.

The latest version of Acronis drivers

You might also post a few more of the specifics of your situation. What type of hardware you use, which OS, etc. That way others may have an easier time zeroing in on your problem(s), and suggesting solutions.

Regards,

4. RWG

RWG Registered Member

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.67GHz / 4MB Cache / 1066MHz FSB / Dual-Core
    OCZ EL Dual Channel 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz Gold Memory (2 x 1024MB)
    Intel D975XBXLKR Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / Gigabit LAN / S/PDIF / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Serial ATA / RAID
    (3) Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB Serial ATA
    ATI X1900 XTX 512MB
    Sound Blaster X-FI
    XP Pro
    Disk director 10
    True image 9

Thanks for the advice

5. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

I would suggest that you PM Acronis Support with these details of your hardware, and tell them about your problem(s) running ATI, and a link to this thread.

Some users have recently reported that Acronis Support has provided them with an updated version of TI 9 that supports certain newer hardware, available on request to qualifying registered users. Since you are using a dual core CPU, your system may fall into this category, so, it's worth asking.

Here's a link to a recent post by Acronis Support discussing this on a similar mainboard as yours:

ICH8 chipset is not officially supported yet...iso available on request...

Let us know how this goes...

Regards

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  6. RWG

RWG Registered Member

Thank you for all your help and expertise. I will give this a try and let you know.

Thanks Again

RWG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.