Update to 2337 doesn't work -- why not?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tbessie, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbessie

tbessie Registered Member

I have been running Acronis True Image 9, Build 2302; I installed the update to build 2337, but after I install it, when I run the app and go to Help->About, it still shows Build 2302. This happens even if I reboot (in case there was any dependency on rebooting -- eg. the Acronis Windows Service might have to have been restarted, I thought.

Why might this be happening? Should I uninstall the app and then install the update only?

- Tim

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

As has been mentioned in a number of posts, there was a problem/change in the way version 2323 upgraded (2337 upgrades fine over 2323).

To get all working happily again, you need to uninstall build 2302 using the Windows uninstaller and then re-install 2337, not forgetting to have your licence handy.

I imagine Acronis may have changed the way the update works, seeing as how 2337 will upgrade over 2323 but not properly over previous builds.

Colin

3. tbessie

tbessie Registered Member

Thanks Colin! I did a search in the forums, but couldn't find a reference to this problem... probably didn't look far back enough. :)

- Tim

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I don't think it is an intended change in the way TI installs; I think it was a mistake, because there was no warning about it and the install program wasn't set up to detectd an existing installation and then alert you that you should uninstall before installing build 2337. When folks start noticing the problem, that's when the notices showed.

Lucklily, there is an easy workaround for the bug -- uninstall and start form scratch.

sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.