UPdate server wont' see new password properly?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by windstrings, Oct 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

Every since I"ve updated my registration I have to go into settings and put my password in again "my new renewal password". NOD see's my new username, but it forces me to put a new password?

Once I've done that, then I can update until it asks me again... I"m not sure if a reboot has any connection to it or not?

I don't know if the password is not staying "remembered" in the registry... maybe the old one "with my original purchase" has not been erased, and it keeps trying to rear its head along with my new username and they don't mesh?

I went back and rebooted and it still works.... It seems like the problem could be outside of my computer, but I"m not sure.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Windstrings, the only place that you Nod32 UN and PW can be entered successfully is HERE.

Your UN and PW are CASE SENSITIVE, and as such they must be typed in precisely, better still COPY and PASTE each into the control centre, just be careful not to copy a "space before or after the UN or PW, as this will be seen as part of it.

Your UN and PW are not ment to be placed in the POPUP box that appears if you enter an incorrect UN and PW, if you do so, Nod32 will NOT remember these settings.

Cheers :D

3. windstrings

I typed it in where you said.. but I also found another problem that may be the culprit.

I run Registry Healer v4.3 build 235 from time to time and I run it in advanced mode which is most aggressive.
    I found some reg lines it was deleting pointing to the area of
    HklocalMachine\software\eset\nod\current version\modules\update\settings\cfgtimestamps

as well a few other lines... I excluded them all. if it still does it.. I will reinstall nod and go back to check what other new lines I may find that were previously deleted by reghealer and exclude them also..

thanks your your input...

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

could be... if you reverse out registry changes made by software, you must expect it to behave in unusual ways... not getting updates is unusual.. do you have a way of putting NOD32 keys in some kind of "exceptions" file?

5. windstrings

Yea.. I used the term "exclude".. you used the term exceptions.... anyway... thats what I meant..

and its even possible that something has already been deleted that never was able to rewrite itself again... so until I do a complete reinstall I may never know what those lines are.

Im going to wait and see if it messes up again.. so far so good all day today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.