Update quit working

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by Phil, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil

Phil Registered Member

I use the "Update Now" option for manual updates and not auto. Attempted to get 1.351 today by clicking on the Update Now button and nothing happened, not even a connection attempt, no call to the modem -- nothing. I clicked "Abort" and got the popup, "Terminate now?". I told it Yes and nothing happened. The button continued to say Abort instead of reverting to Update. Did a soft boot and the Update button returned. Clicked again with the same results. Did a soft boot and set an auto-update. The time for the update passes and nothing happened.

So, I guess a re-install of the beta is in order. Is the beta on the dl site updated with the dll fix for Pocomail or will I need to replace the dll after install?

Phil

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Phil.I was having the same problem trying to update to 1.351.The "server status" was inactive according to the control panel.The control panel was running though.I just tried it now and it worked.I got the 1.351 update.

3. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Humm -- I *think* that status thingy is related to the auto-update function. I could be wrong but mine has always said "inactive". I thought that was because I had auto turned off. <shrug>

I am going to try one last thing before a re-install of the beta -- a complete system shutdown instead of just a soft boot. Being a low-level app, some bits of NOD could be hanging on through a soft boot.

BRB

Phil

4. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Did you miss me while I was gone? :D :D

That did the trick. I did a complete shut down and gave the chips about 5 mins to drain and , presto, update works again. I have seen this before with other apps. Sometimes things are "sticky" through a soft boot. What can I say -- it's Winders. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestion but I didn't think my problem was related to the server because there was no call-out when hitting Update and the Abort button would not clear. Something goofed in mem I guess. Oh, well -- on to the next WinSurprise.

Phil

5. the Tester

Oops!"update now" doesn't work again today.I wonder if this has anything to do with that new worm on the web?

6. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello all,

I am having the same problem here o_O ....

I am set to auto-update. After I boot my system and go to the update screen thru the control panel, the status is reported as "Waiting". It just sits there and does nothing. I have tried to use the "Abort" button, and I click "Yes" to confirm, but the process will not abort. So far I have not been able to retrieve today's update because of this.

This is an intermittent problem and only seem to happen on about 50% of my boots :rolleyes: ....

Regards,
    Kent

7. puff-m-d

Hello all,

Just a quick update on my situation......

I turned the auto update feature off and have now gone to getting my updates manually. So far this has worked for me. It seems on my end that the auto update wanted to hang up for some reason but manual update works fine here. I know that some of you are having the problem with the manual update tho. If this changes and I have any more problems, I will report them here on this thread.

Regards,
    Kent

8. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi guys,

thanks for alerting us - we have found the appropriate conflicts - it has been fixed and it'll be updated in the next Beta coming soon. I hope it'll not repeat - if so -please write again.

Best wishes :D

jan

9. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hi,

In the meanwhile, I apply this :
    Quit NOD32
    Deleting all files in x:\Program Files\ESET\updfiles

Restart x:\Program Files\ESET\nod32kui.exe

Then click update now.

Regards,

10. Phil

Phil Registered Member

.... and when did you say that beta would be available?!? :D

Update is failing on every try now. It takes at least two boots to get it to work. :rolleyes:

Phil

11. the Tester

I couldn't get Jack's fix to work.I uninstalled the beta,cleaned the registry(not much left behind fron uninstall),and re-installed the beta.The update works so far.I know beta testing can be an "adventure" but I really like this beta 2.0.I'm going to continue with the process and report any problems with info. to eset. ;)

12. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Yep -- I like it myself. V2 shows promise to be *the* AV I have been trying to find for a long time. I'm going to hang in -- what's a boot or two between friends. ;)

I will be glad to get my hands on the next beta, though!

Phil

13. puff-m-d

Hello all,

Well, it has been a few days and now the manual update is hanging also :rolleyes:..... I had problems getting Jack's method to work also.....

But as you say, a small price to pay to get the bug free gold version to the market.... I look forward the testing the next beta release..... :D

Regards,
    Kent

14. the Tester

I have successfully updated the last few days.I set up auto-update and am at version 1.355.I checked "update now" to see what it would do.It connected and gave me a message that my NOD32 is current.It seems to be working again on my xp home edition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.