update problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by scaa, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaa

scaa Registered Member

o_O This morning after connecting to the internet nod32 updated to version 1.1768(20060922). On checking the threat sense center the latest update was 1.1772 (20060924). Why didn't I get the latest update ?
    I know the standard reply would be some server issue ( I am not that technical) .
    If we do not get the latest updates available once we connect to the internet, I feel it would give problems during emergency outbreaks?
    How will eset ensure that all paid subscribers get the latest updates, if that be the main reason for having updates ? :(

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi scaa, the issue is being addressed by Eset with more dedicated update servers being brought online ASAP.

This will be resolved shortly.

Cheers :D

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

May be because the server your NOD32 have connected to was not updated with the very latest , this happen sometimes , personally I have met such a thing once or twice . In such case , just press the Update button , NOD32 will connect to another server and will update with the latest update. By the way , you'll get updated for Advanced heuristics and also for the VML IE exloit :D :D :D

You can check the server status on www.nod32sse.com , they are all green now :thumb: :thumb:

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This has nothing to do with a server issue. Could you cofirm that you have the update server set to Choose automatically? If so, please drop an email to support @ eset.com with a link to this thread.

5. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Thanks marcos.
    Yes, the server is set to chose automatically. However, on checking subsequently I found out that the control centre icon in the taskbar with the mouse hovering on it disclosed the earlier version while on opening nod32 I found that the latest version was installed. Even right now I am with the latest.
    Thanks anyway. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.