update problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by scaa, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaa

scaa Registered Member

o_O This morning after connecting to the internet nod32 updated to version 1.1768(20060922). On checking the threat sense center the latest update was 1.1772 (20060924). Why didn't I get the latest update ?
    I know the standard reply would be some server issue ( I am not that technical) .
    If we do not get the latest updates available once we connect to the internet, I feel it would give problems during emergency outbreaks?
    How will eset ensure that all paid subscribers get the latest updates, if that be the main reason for having updates ? :(

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi scaa, the issue is being addressed by Eset with more dedicated update servers being brought online ASAP.

This will be resolved shortly.

Cheers :D

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

May be because the server your NOD32 have connected to was not updated with the very latest , this happen sometimes , personally I have met such a thing once or twice . In such case , just press the Update button , NOD32 will connect to another server and will update with the latest update. By the way , you'll get updated for Advanced heuristics and also for the VML IE exloit :D :D :D

You can check the server status on www.nod32sse.com , they are all green now :thumb: :thumb:

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This has nothing to do with a server issue. Could you cofirm that you have the update server set to Choose automatically? If so, please drop an email to support @ eset.com with a link to this thread.

5. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Thanks marcos.
    Yes, the server is set to chose automatically. However, on checking subsequently I found out that the control centre icon in the taskbar with the mouse hovering on it disclosed the earlier version while on opening nod32 I found that the latest version was installed. Even right now I am with the latest.
    Thanks anyway. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.