Update Location/grayed out proxy

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by C3Arthur, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C3Arthur

C3Arthur Registered Member

Hi there,

I am creating a script to download the updates for various anti-spyware/anti-virus applications (Ad-Aware, Mcafee, and hopefully Ewido) so that all I have to do is double click one button and all of my apps are updated. However to do this I need the URL that Ewido uses to download all the Signature/DAT files.

Also in my trial version of Ewido I am unable to check the Proxy box that allows me to specify proxy settings, it is all grayed out.

Any help with these issues would be appreciated.

2. covaro

covaro Registered Member

The Version 4 of Ewido had a full Definitions download that was available @
    http://download.ewido.net/ewido-signatures4-full-current.exe

From what I've read I believe this should work with the new AVG Antispyware as well. Hopefully they don't take it down, I have a script that downloads the update once a week and puts it on my thumb drive for when I install Ewido for cleanups.

-Cov

3. C3Arthur

C3Arthur Registered Member

Wow! that is really cool, thank you very much! I can find some uses for this, but not the one I am looking for.

It is a self extracting file, which requires more clicks. The idea behind my script is so I can just double click it and all my apps will be up to date. If I wanted to update them all manually I definately could :p

Any idea about the Proxy thing? If I could get that working I can point it to my local proxy and see what URL it is requesting when downloading updates.

4. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

You can launch it with /S for silent installation :)

5. btman

btman Registered Member

Peter you going to change your name... because to me Ewido is now dead...

Long live AVG Anti-spyware hurrah -_- :cautious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.