Update issue with authenticated proxy

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by xschema, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xschema

xschema Registered Member

Hello. I'm evaluating the use of SS/AV v3.0 behind a company firewall.
    Most probably I'm going to use the business version with a local mirror to proxify client's updates.
    But, meantime I'm trying a single pc installation, and the signature update seems not correctly working in my configuration.

User manual excerpt:
    I did this way and the proxy server address (and port, 8080) are correctly retrieved by IE, but of course not the authentication.
    As my proxy requires domain controller authentication, I always put it with the following this syntax: domain\username & password. Of course, without the domain name, the authentication is denied.

But it doesn't work with ESET v3.xx (tried both smart security or antivirus...)

As a matter of facts, proxy log reports HTTP 407 (Authentication Error) requests to eset.com update servers, without recording the passed proxy account, as it wouldn't arrived at all.

It's very strange, but I do need at least a working access through the proxy/firewall to download the updates. I guess

Any known issue or workaround about this problem ?

Thank you for any hint

XS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.