update from Trial user

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by toofy27, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toofy27

toofy27 Registered Member

When trying to update from Trial User I am unable to locate the NOD32 Control Centre via the ESET listed in My Programs. Reading the various forum postings etc has not helped. You will have realised I am not pc savvy! When I click on ESET in Programs I do not get a page which looks like the one in the Trial to full version guide.Likewise when clicking on the green/white icon. Help will be appreciated.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Are you trying to update from trial to purchase it and you can not open the control center.?

3. toofy27

I have today paid my subscription and am trying to update from the trial version. I have tried to implement the instructions sent with the e-mail which gives me a new user name and password. The window which appears when I click on the green/white icon, as instructed, is not the same as that in the example given (eset.co.uk/support/trialtofullversion.pdf) and have been unable to proceeds to "...click on the full version button" I have input the new username & password on the screen which appeared but I still get messages which say I need to purchase ESET because the trial period ends shortly. Hope this helps.

4. Dark Shadow

When you put the user name/password given by eset its should register itself to eset but its not immediate.another words it will show a trial expiration date until it updates to there servers it may take 24 hrs or so.As longer as its updating virus defs don't worry.When I purchased mine in the evening the following morning on boot up it showed the paid license expiration.This is a normal of eset hope this helps.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe the easiest "fix" will be to uninstall EAV and install the latest commercial version downloadable from the official download page.

6. toofy27

djohn-Thanks for your help. As you said, the program has updated to the full version overnight. best wishes.Derek

7. Dark Shadow

your welcome,best wishes back at ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.