Update file has not been digitally signed!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Di0g0, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Di0g0

Di0g0 Registered Member

Hello
    My NOD32 V2.7 can't update, error: virus signature update file has not been digitally signed! do you wish to apply this update anyway.

What is this?? Virus?

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

All of the update files are signed using OpenPGP Format as described in RFC 2440. But this really isn't the issue. The important thing is that all files uploaded to the Eset servers are signed, and the signature is checked by NOD32 on your machine after downloading and before applying the update file. The error message you've seen is probably caused by the fact that the file got corrupted during the download, so it no longer has a valid digital signature.

I would go to C:\Program Files\Eset\updfiles directory and delete the contents. Then go to the NOD32 Control Center > Update > and click on 'Update now'.

If this does not fix the issue, I would download a fresh installer (http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php), uninstall NOD32 (Start > Programs > ESET > Uninstall), reboot, check that the ESET folder has been removed from C:\Program Files, and then reinstall.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you,
    BFG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.