update f@ck up again?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nonoise, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

I cant update registred NOD32 and ESS clients from ESET servers, any one else having trouble? 'update is not necessary' even tho they are freshly installed with definitions 3230. i deleted .dat files, cleared update cache, nothing helps.

2. jprudente

jprudente Registered Member

My server shows an "unknown" signature version, which is exactly what it was doing once 3435 was identified as a problem. 3437 is the last signature we received. This doesn't look good.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What happens if you click the Update now button? Do you get an error message? Could you check the size of em002_32.dat in the ESET installation folder and confirm that it's about 12 MB? The latest version is 12,437,625 bytes in size.

4. jprudente

Where exactly would that file be? A search doesn't turn up that file. However, my clients are still receiving the 3437 update from the server.

5. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Updates are working at work but at home this morning, it didn't. After yesterday's definition #3435 "issue", something seems clearly wrong to me. Has Eset publicly responded to any of this? (I know some have received private messages but IMO, that is not enough...)

6. jprudente

I just hit Update Now and once again show 3437 as the signature DB. I really don't see this being on my end; it's just too coincidental.

7. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

updates are back in business now o_O. you never get bored with eset.

8. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Ok now my server systems are having issues updating..

is this going to become a monthly thing ? to have a bad Def. I can understand once in awhile but this is starting to get out of control. The other products I use on home systems I have yet to see this problem what has happened with you guys. Detection seems to be going down, Def problems, 100% cpu issues and no fix's in site. I hate to be the one to ask but are you planing on fixing any of these issues any time soon or shall I start migrating the servers I maintain to a different platform ? because the problems I have seen sense the release of v3 have not gotten better but only worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.