Update attempt failed - Incorrect server response

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rcash, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcash

rcash Registered Member

I have a computer that when it tries to update it gets the following error:
    Update attempt failed (Incorrect server response.)

This error occurs when trying to update from our local mirror server or eset servers via the internet.

I checked use TCPView and nothing on this computer is using the same ports as our mirror [noparse](808:cool:[/noparse].

We have many other computers and they are updating just fine.

I have uninstalled NOD and reinstalled. It will update immediately after the reinstall but any update attempt after that will produce this error.

Any help is appreciated.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

Do you use NOD32 v2.70.39 with its Mirror (LanUpdate edition) . Workstations with NOD32 try to update from LanUpdate edition of NOD32 v2 ?

If you use Windows 2000/XP/Vista , is there a reason not to use v3/v4 of NOD32/ESS ? ESET Remote Administrator v3 ?

3. rcash

rcash Registered Member

Yes, we use v2.70.39 with its Mirror. I looked at v3 when it first came out and it had issues during out tests so we stayed with 2.7 until v3 became more mature. I have not had time to go back and look at v3/v4 but plan to do so.

The computer that is reporting this was working just fine until a few days ago and nothing was changed on it. I have a few thousand other computers that are working just fine.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

v3.0.684 is stable enough . If it is only one computer , you can upgrade just it to this version and leave it update from ESET internet servers (Choose automatically) using your own UN/PW.

5. rcash

rcash Registered Member

Fixed - Restored computer from a restore point (2 months ago) and it is now working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.