Update Attempt Failed (An error occured during an attempt to acquire user identity.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by traceyc, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traceyc

traceyc Registered Member

Hi,

I'm new to using NOD32. I have the RAC and have been adding users to it. We use a mirror configuration.
    The users Virus Signature database does say its updating in the Event Log, and its showing the same version as the server. But each user is getting the error: Update Attempt Failed (An error occurred during an attempt to acquire user identity. Maybe no user is logged on.)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does this error occur on a client that updates from the mirror? It shouldn't occur with NOD32 updating from Eset's servers.

3. traceyc

Hi,

Yes its supposed to update from the mirror.

4. traceyc

The client is supposed to be updating from the mirror. How do I prevent these errors occuring without disregarding the mirror?

5. Marcos

You can either specify a username and password for logging to the server in the NOD32 update setup, or set NOD32 to connect to the server as the currently logged user, or configure NOD32 to update via HTTP (recommended).

6. traceyc

Hi,

I've already got it configured to access files via HTTP protocol, and at the moment the client update settings are set to connect as the currently logged on user. This configuration is not working. Should it be configured to access files via HTTP OR log on as the currently logged on user, BUT not both?

When you say "specify a username and password for logging onto the server in the NOD32 update setup". Am I to set up a specific account for this on ther server and then configure the client computers to use this? Does it need to have any special permissions, eg administrator?

Regards
    Tracey

7. Marcos

Could you post here the configuration of the update server from a workstation?

8. traceyc

Server: \\Magmaster\ClientApps\Path\NOD32
    Virus Signature Database Update: Automatic
    Program Component Update: Offer
    Last Update: 12/05/2006 09:52:05
    Version of Virus Signature Database: 1.1532 (20060511)
    LAN / Fixed line set up
    Connect to LAN as current user

The errors have changed slightly today. 3 users still have the original error, but my workstation has the error "Update Attempt Failed (Server Connection Failure).

9. Marcos

This means you update NOD32 through Windows shares and not via HTTP. Try enabling HTTP on the server and set the update server on clients to http://server_name:8081 (the port number can be changed in the advanced mirror setup)

10. traceyc

The way I understand it from my boss is that he wants the Server to get the updates off the internet, and the clients to get the updates from the Mirror and not the internet.
    The client profile states not to update from the proxy server. There is a value in in the proxy server field which is port 3128, but in the Proxy Server field there is no name. This is for each person except 1 where he has a Yes in the Proxy server update field and a name in the Proxy server field. The port he's looking at is 8081.

11. traceyc

Marcus,

Thanks for your help. I've resolved the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.