Update Acronis TI 8 (build 937)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brachd, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brachd

brachd Registered Member

I have been using ATI 8 for some time and wondered if it was worth updating to Ver 11?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Read about the problems other users encounter with Ver 11 and see if you think they will affect you. If ver 8 still works for you I would stick with it.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The wise DwnNDrty is one to listen to. :)

If you were to buy a new computer, you would have new hardware that TI 8 doesn't support. Then you'd have to upgrade.

Unless there is some feature of TI 11 that you just have to have, there is no reason to upgrade until you get that new system.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If ATI8 has served you this long then you might as well wait until a fixed and respectable version of ATI is available. If ATI10 was available, I'd recommend try and buy--it was pretty solid and no critical faults. But ATI11 is such a fubar release, you'd probably find that the only parts that worked correctly and reliably are the parts you already have with ATI8.

For anyone that has a working version of ATI, version 11 is something to pass over. Maybe the subsequent release will be back up to snuff.

5. TheDragon

TheDragon Registered Member

I too have Ver 8 - v768
    and am visiting this Forum for the first time
    here are my issues
    I just did a full image backup on my C drive = 118GB
    stored it on another HD in system
    and also made a boot cd
    am I covered?
    If C drive fails - just put in a new one and the restore from 2nd HD?
    this new C drive will be clean - so how do I even access the 2nd HD?
    will it be via the restore CD I made?

could not be more angry!
    I did (in lieu of normal compression ) HIGHEST compression
    it took 6 hours on 80GB
    (P4 3.2Mhz with 4Gb ram WInXP SP1)
    then is stopped and said OUT OF ROOM
    why does it do the pre-analysis first if it fails to measure the space!

just had my laptop HD crash
    I "knew" it was failing = so all data was stored elsewhere
    just rebuilt system on new HD, including making acronis image on separate partition (c: = 40 and e: = 3oGB)
    then it dawned on me - DUH - if this HD fails how to I get image off the partition? I read the User manual and it said: Acronis True Image supports any connected hard disks as well as a wide variety of IDE, SCSI, FireWire (IEEE-1394), USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0) and PC card (PCMCIA) interfaces and devices, including CD-ROM, CD-R(RW), magneto-optical drives, Iomega Zip and Jaz.
    So I guess that means keeping the image small? or was this guide written before external USB drives were out?
    can I restore across my LAN?
    the image is 8GB - too big for a DVD
    (will it burn across multiple DVD?

Sorry for so many questions
    no sense in having a program if I do not use it correctly

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello brachd,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Acronis True Image 11 Home provides support for more modern hardware and has many new features compared to Acronis True Image 8.0.

We may recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 11 Home to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 11 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store if you wish to purchase the full version of the product. Notice that as you already own a previous version of Acronis True Image, you can purchase an upgrade installation package at reduced price (as compared to independent installation package).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TheDragon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that the latest build of Acronis True Image 8.0 is 937. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.
    That is correct. In order to restore your image when there is no operating system present you need to boot the computer with Acronis Bootable Rescue Media you created. It has nearly the same interface as the Windows version.
    Please be aware that initial evaluation of archive size is based only on data size, not it's actual content. Notice that already compressed data (such as music, video or picture files) will no compress any further. So, if your data includes compressed files, the archive size will be likely larger than initial estimation.
    Actually, external USB drives are supported. They are referred to as "USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0) ... devices". Restoration from network locations is also possible. Please be aware that standalone versions of Acronis True Image do not support wireless network.

Please notice that Acronis True Image 8.0 is quite old version, so it may not support modern hardware.

We may recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 11 Home to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 11 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store if you wish to purchase the full version of the product. Notice that as you already own a previous version of Acronis True Image, you can purchase an upgrade installation package at reduced price (as compared to independent installation package).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.